Adfree Cities is an independent network of groups working towards cities that celebrate creativity and independence. We want communities to have a say in what they see in the city’s streets and other public spaces. Adfree Cities is opposed to billboards and other corporate outdoor advertising, preferring a visual environment which reflects the unique identity of each of our cities, the values of local communities, and the local economy.
Building on the success of Adblock Bristol, the Adfree Cities network formed in November 2019. We look to the examples of São Paulo in Brazil and Grenoble in France, both of which have removed outdoor advertising.
How to get involved
- Join our mailing list to keep in touch with the campaign.
- Got a campaign idea? Check our ‘How to Create Adfree Cities‘ pages for ideas on how to get started!
- Check out our Get Involved page to find your local group, and our Resources page for information on starting your own group.
- See our blog for all the latest information and calls to action.
- Donate to Adfree Cities and support the campaign!
Who We are
Adfree Cities is supported by a team of four part time staff based in Bristol. We support a network of voluntary groups across the UK who are challenging corporate outdoor advertising in their own unique ways in their own cities. You can read more about our groups on the Get Involved pages.
We currently receive funding from the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust.