Adblock Cardiff is a campaign to reclaim public space from corporate advertising, for the benefit of citizens and visitors to the capital city of Wales. They have been running since February 2019. The group also work on the negative aspects of advertising on our cities, the environment, and the health and wellbeing of our communities.
With council elections happening across Wales in May 2022, this year is a vital one for engaging with policy-makers at a local level and putting forward the case to reverse the tide of public advertising. Adblock Cardiff are keen to engage with councillors, political parties and candidates to develop support to think differently about how we can protect our streets, walls and public places from adverts. You can read our briefing note here.
If you want to see a Cardiff free from corporate outdoor advertising sign the petition to Cardiff City Council.
Stay updated with Adblock Cardiff
Latest blog posts
- Adblock Cardiff win against ads disguised as ‘Communication Hubs’
- Adblock Cardiff need your help to oppose new digital advertising boards in our city!
- Success for ‘ethical advertising’ in Cardiff
- Bus stops don’t need ad screens!
- Could Cardiff have ad free streets?
- Adspotters: Join our citizen science project